Canon PIXMA MP280 is a Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printers features Borderless 4″ x 6″ photo in approx. 43 seconds; Maximum 4800 x 1200 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 2 picoliters; Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing7, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print3, Photo Printing, Template Print; Borderless, Fit-To-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 99 Pages; Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan; 7 Segment LED, Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quick Start, Self-Operating Output Tray; Hi-Speed USB. The Canon PIXMA MP280 measures 17.8″ (W) x 13.2″ (D) x 6.0″ (H) and weighs 12.1 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon PIXMA MP280 Reviews
Computershopper reviews the Canon PIXMA MP280 and writes;
“Where the MP280 is a definite winner is in output quality. The images we printed were flawless. In fact, poor or inconstant output isn’t one of the MP280’s shortcomings. Our text documents looked great, even in Fast mode. The mixed text-and-graphics documents, even on inexpensive everyday copy paper, were equally impressive. We’ve seen few printers reproduce photographs on standard copy paper this well. The MP280 produces respectable copies of both text and images, too.”
PCAdvisor reviews the Canon PIXMA MP280 and writes;
“The Canon Pixma MP280’s speed is middling. On a Windows PC, plain-text pages averaged 5.6 pages per minute, and photos came out at 1.5 ppm. Its text speed was identical on a Mac, but the higher-resolution photo we used in that test understandably took longer..”
PCWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA MP280 and writes;
“Where the Pixma MP280 really shines is in the quality of its output. At default settings on plain paper, text looked nicely black and very smooth, but photos appeared too orangey; the effect disappeared when we switched to Canon’s own photo paper. Color copies were precise and vivid.”
Canon PIXMA MP280 User Reviews
Good Price for Multi-Functions, | Rating:
“The print quality is crisp, the time to print each page was average of most printers. I really liked the quick scan option. You can set up your scan preferences, where you want it saved, image correction, etc, and then just quick scan without having to go through all that again. It was easy to figure out how to do things without having to read the manual, which in included along with the software. I made some very good copies quickly. But where this printer really shines is in printing photos. They were very high quality prints.” – by Just Loves Books
Good quality all in one, | Rating:
“First off…out of the box…no USB cable included. I used the cable from my old printer. Not a big deal, but there should have been one included. Plug and play simplicity. Installed easily and quickly. Up and running in under 20 minutes. Footprint of this printer is about average. Printer is slow. Print quality is average. Scanner quality is average.. Overall, a solid, good quality all in one printer/scanner. Would be better if it were wireless, but that’s why the price is as low as it is. Good for home use and maybe a small business. Seems sturdy and fully functional. “ – by Tell It Like It Is
Canon PIXMA MP280 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA MP280 Features
Canon PIXMA MP280 Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Compact & Stylish Photo All-In-One with Hybrid Ink System
* Use the “Auto Photo Fix II” software in “Easy-PhotoPrint EX” to automatically adjust and correct your photos
* Maximum 4800×1200 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 2 picoliters1
* Borderless 4″ x 6″ photo in approx. 43 seconds7
* All-new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite moments from your captured HD movies into beautiful prints2
* Hybrid Ink System utilizes pigment black ink for crisp text and color dye ink for beautiful photos
The PIXMA MP280 Inkjet Photo All-In-One is a compact, stylish and high quality product that will fit virtually in any area of your home. Its maximum 4800 x 1200 color dpi1 is combined with Canon’s patented Hybrid Ink System. So, you’ll have a pigment black ink for crisp text and dye ink for beautiful photos up to 8.5″ x 11″ all with outstanding quality.
The all-new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie moments captured with select Canon EOS or PowerShot cameras into beautiful, borderless photo prints!2 The MP280 also features Auto Photo Fix II. This technology automatically analyzes and applies image correction, red-eye removal and multi-zone exposure correction for beautiful images. When printing your photos, realize the power of the ChromaLife100+ when using genuine Canon inks and photo papers so your photos can be shared and preserved for generations. 3
For the scanner in you the all-new Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings. Do you want to easily print from the web? Canon’s Easy-WebPrint EX lets you print what you want how you off the web. Collect, combine and edit multiple web pages while creating your own layout with text and pictures.
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi1 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4″ x 6″ in approximately 43 seconds.
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types – Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery – then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
7 Segment LED:
Easily set number of copies and view printer job status.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Print what you want off the web, when you want. Surf the web, create your layouts, combine text and pictures and print out pages however you like.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 1200 x 2400 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.
# Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP/2000
# Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
* PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
* Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
* Ink Cartridges: PG-210 Black Cartridge, CL-211 Color Cartridge
* Power Cord
* Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
1. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum
2. “Full HD Movie Print” is available from ‘MOV’ movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
3. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details
4. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation
5. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
6. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
7. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
8. System requirements vary by application
9. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.