Canon PIXMA MG5220 is a Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One features Maximum 9600 x 2400 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 1 picoliter, Full HD Movie Print software, Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%, Built-In Wireless, Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth, and a 2.4″ LCD screen. The Canon PIXMA MG5220 measures 17.9″ W x 14.5″D x 6.3″ H and weighs 17.7 lbs.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Reviews
Printercomparison reviews the Canon PIXMA MG5220 and writes;
“For $149.99, the Pixma MG5220 offers quality text and photo prints quickly, low energy consumption, auto duplexing, a front side USB port, two-way paper feeding, good software (with Memory Card Import and Full HD Movie Print) and an easy to use control panel.”
PCWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA MG5220 and writes;
“The MG5220 performed very well in our tests. On plain paper, printing mostly text with some simple monochrome graphics, the MG5220 posted a fast result of 7.8 pages per minute on a PC and 8 ppm on a Mac. Snapshot-size photos averaged a swift 2.3 ppm on the PC. A higher-res, full-page photo on our Mac understandably took longer–almost 2 minutes. Color scanning was fast, too, while black-and-white copies landed in the middle of the pack overall. At any speed, the MG5220 is noticeably quieter than most printers.”
Computershopper reviews the Canon PIXMA MG5220 and writes;
“The MG5220 really shines when it comes to print quality. Text was well formed with no stray dots or jagged characters. The text isn’t laser-quality, but it is very good for an inkjet printer. Graphics printed on plain paper exhibited lifelike colors. Photos printed on glossy photo paper were truly impressive. The colors were realistic—not too dull, and certainly not garish. Contrast levels were excellent, and the sharpness was spot on.”
Imaging-resource reviews the Canon PIXMA MG5220 and writes;
“The ChromaLife100 four-color inking system with a pigment black delivered very nice photo prints and certainly had no trouble generating color documents. And the scanner had sufficient resolution to faithfully reproduce both prints and ordinary documents.”
Canon PIXMA MG5220 User Reviews
Quality and Affordable Color Inkjet Printer, Copier and Scanner that is Easy to Install! | Rating:
“I tested my word processing program, internet printing, copying and scanning and was really impressed at the quality and ease of printing. Likewise, I used the 4X6 samples of the Photo Papaer Plus Gloss II Canon paper to print 3 pictures of my brother and sister recently emailed to me and was surprised at the professional quality of the photo’s printed on this printer. “ – by William T. Mcgee
Best Printer I’ve Ever Owned, | Rating:
“This printer is great, I did a lot of research and decided to try it. I have never owned a better printer. It connected to my home WiFi and every device in my house (including my iPhone and my wife’s iPad) can print to it. Pages print at blazing speed, and I can load both photo paper and regular paper at the same time and it automatically selects the correct media. Photos are gorgeous and text is super black and crisp.” – by Swany
Good quality affordable printer, | Rating:
“First, it is easy to setup and install. The printer is very sleek and has a very modern look. In comparison to my HP, it is about half the size and twice as easy to setup. Setup wi-fi and tested one desktop and three laptops, all successfully. Only downside of printer is it has five cartridges. The quality of color on paper and photo paper is excellent. It will print a 4×6 photo in under a minute and it looks like it came straight from the photo department.” – by iheartjackbauer
Beautiful Color Photos!, | Rating:
“Researched this Canon printer for a while prior to purchasing it and it has not disappointed me at all. Amazing speed for a color printer and absolutely beautiful color photos. Compared a 4×6 printed at Walgreens to a 4×6 of the same photo printed at home and the home version was better than the Walgreens photo. Works well with my Canon SX10IS camera as well.” – by marcy
SWEET SWEET PRINTER | Rating:
“ran some test prints …looked great..you know..brillant quality etc …thought to myself..not bad..Canon does match and excel HP printers in the quality of prints. That opinion was only valid until I ran two photo prints – I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the phot prints. Just jaw dropping clarity and looks at least 2x better than those crappy CVS/pharmacy store prints.” – by The Axeman
Great printer, great value! | Rating:
“I am very satisfied with this printer. It is easy to install and works very well. After having a very difficult and frustrating experience with a wireless Lexmark (NEVER again), I was hesitant to try another wireless printer. I’m glad I gave this Canon a shot, though. I’ve installed it on both of my Macs (running OSX) and a PC (running Windows 7), with no issues and installation was simple. The quality of the print is good and this baby is fast! This printer/scanner does it all very nicely especially when you consider the price. “ – by 2wheelz
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Features
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Advanced Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Printer with 2.4″ LCD
* Maximum 9600 x 24002 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 1 picoliter
* All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints3
* Built-in 2 sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
* Print photos from your compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android Devices with the free Easy-PhotoPrint printing app4
* Borderless 4″ x 6″ photo in approx. 20 seconds8
The PIXMA MG5220 is an advanced wireless inkjet photo all-in-one with a stylish, compact design delivering a fantastic combination of performance and convenience. Built-in Wi-Fi lets you easily print and scan wirelessly around the house plus the ability to print your photos from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices1,4. Enjoy superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system to print beautiful borderless photos up to 8.5″ x 11″ or crisp documents with incredible quality while only replacing the ink color you need.
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print. The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints3! Built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to easily print on both sides of the paper without having to manually turn it over. This feature can help reduce your paper consumption by up to 50% so you can save money and help the environment all at the same time. Preview your images before you print on a 2.4″ LCD while automatically correcting your photos with Auto Photo Fix II.
For your scanning needs, Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original you’re scanning, then scans and saves with the appropriate settings.6 Enjoy added computer-free photo printing versatility via compatible memory cards, USB Flash Memory Drives, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices.7
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4″ x 6″ in approximately 20 seconds.
High Performance Five Individual Ink Tank System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks including a pigment-based black ink to produce exceptionally crisp, laser-quality text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.
Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types – Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery – then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.
2-Way Paper Feeding:
To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth:
Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices with the free iEPP Photo Printing app.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.
An Incredible Imaging System:
Use genuine Canon dye inks and paper to give your photos a 300-year album storage with bright colors, high ink density, fade resistance and an expanded color gamut.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 2400 x 4800 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
* Windows® 7,Windows Vista®, Windows XP/2000
* Mac OS® X v. 10.4.11 to 10.6.x
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
* PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
* Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Network Setup Troubleshooting, Paper Feed Caution Sheet, Read Before Setting Up Sheet, Setup Software
* Ink Tanks: PGI-225 Pigment Black, CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black)
* Power Cord
* Print Head
* Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
* Sample Media (4″ x 6″/3 sheets)
1. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11 b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed within a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. “Full HD Movie Print” is available from “MOV” movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
4. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free from the App Store or Canon Easy Photo-Print for Android App available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3G5, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running on Android OS 1.6 or later.
5. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
6. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then “save to PC”.
7. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
8. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
9. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
10. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See our website at ww.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
11. Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHCTM, MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PROTM, Memory Stick DuoTM and Memory Stick PRO DuoTM. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSDTM Card, miniSDHCTM, microSDTM Card, microSDHCTM, RS-MMCTM (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
12. System requirements vary by application.
13. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires internet connection during installation.
14. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.