Canon PIXMA iP4820 is a High Performance Inkjet Photo Printer features Incredible 9600 x 24001 color dpi for the best in photo lab printing, Full HD Movie Print, 5-color ink system, 2-Way Paper Feeding, PictBridge and HighSpeed USB 2.0. The Canon PIXMA iP4820 measures 17.0″(L) x11.7″(W) x 6.0″(H) and weighs 12.6 lbs.
Canon PIXMA iP4820 Reviews
PCWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA iP4820 and writes;
“Performance in our tests was very good across the board. Printing mostly text with some simple monochrome graphics on plain paper, the Pixma iP4820 averaged just over 8 pages per minute on both PC and Mac. At default settings on plain paper, text looked a little feathery around the edges. When we switched to the Fine mode (which takes longer and uses more ink), the same text appeared impressively smooth.”
CNET reviews the Canon PIXMA iP4820 and writes;
“the Pixma iP4820 performed well in our quality examination, printing solid, dense text with fully formed characters down to five-point font size. The color graphics test emerged solid and evenly distributed,”
PCMAG reviews the Canon PIXMA iP4820 and writes;
“Even better, the fast speed goes hand in hand with reasonably high-quality output. Text and graphics quality are both par for an inkjet, and photo quality is among the best available for inkjets aimed at home and office use.”
Computershopper reviews the Canon PIXMA iP4820 and writes;
“The print quality, overall, was high. On standard office paper, text was crisp and attractive down to 3-point type, and color rendition was quite good. We also printed a full-page glossy photo on Canon’s photo paper, and found the colors to be accurate and sharp.”
MACWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA iP4820 and writes;
“Performance in our tests was very good across the board. Printing mostly text with some simple monochrome graphics on plain paper, the Pixma iP4820 averaged just over 8 pages per minute on both Mac and PC.”
Canon PIXMA iP4820 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA iP4820 Features
High Performance Inkjet Photo Printer with Built-in Auto Duplex Printing
* Incredible 9600 x 24001 color dpi for the best in photo lab printing
* Borderless 4″ x 6″ photo in approx. 20 seconds6
* The ChromaLife100 +3 system gives you beautiful and long lasting photos
* All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints4
* Keep it eco-conscious: Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
The PIXMA iP4820 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer possesses the high-quality, performance and ease of use for your various home printing needs. Plus, its sleek design is sure to compliment any home work area. Enjoy incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1 with 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system for beautiful, borderless2 photos up to 8.5″ x 11,” web pages or documents all with amazing quality.
When printing your photos, realize the power of the ChromaLife100+3 when using genuine Canon inks and photo papers so your photos can be shared and preserved for generations. You’ll also be helping the environment thanks to built-in Auto Duplex Printing. This feature allows you to easily print on both sides of the paper without having to manually turn it over. So, you can help reduce your paper consumption by up to 50%, can save money and help the environment all at the same time.
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print.4 The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints!
Printing and automatically correcting your photos has never been easier thanks to Auto Photo Fix II, which can be found within the EasyPhoto-Print EX software. If that wasn’t enough versatility, you can also enjoy 2-way Paper Feeding and computer-free photo printing with a PictBridge connection. So, you can print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.5
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl1. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
Fast 4″ x 6″:
Print a beautiful, borderless photo in approx. 20 seconds
High Performance Individual Ink System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.3
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types – Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery – then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print photo lab quality from 4″ x 6″ up to 8.5″ x 11.”
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.
2-Way Paper Feeding:
Load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether you want photo paper in one and plain paper in the other you’re ready for superior quality printing!
Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.8
* Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP/20009
* Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to 10.6.x9
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
* PIXMA iP4820 Photo Printer
* Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Head Set Caution Sheet, Paper Feed Caution Sheet, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
* Ink Tanks: PGI-225 Pigment Black, CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black)
* Power Cord
* Print Head
* Sample Media (4″ x 6″/3 sheets)
1. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
2. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
3. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
4. “Full HD Movie Print” is available from ‘MOV’ movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
5. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
6. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
7. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later is needed.
8. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
9. System requirements vary by application.
10. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.