Last updated (30 August’09):
A Chinese photography forum has some images and specifications of the Canon EOS 7D, the latest Canon DSLR camera to feel the gap between the EOS 50D and EOS 5D .
* 18 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
* Dual DiG!C 4 imaging processors, 14-bit A/D signal conversion
* 8 FPS (94 Large/Fine JPEGS or 15 RAW)
* 19 points cross type AF sensors. Eight-directional double cross central AF point
* ISO 100-6400, extends to 12800
* 100% coverage, 1.0x optical viewfinder with intelligent display, with electronic horizon line.
* 3.0″ LCD, 920,000 dot resolution, 160 degree viewing angle
* New iFCL meter system using high contrast and color detection (63-zone)
* Newly-designed streamlined body, metallic shutter sound, shutter lifespan approx. 150,000 times
* Auto correction of lens peripheral illumination (vignetting)
* New switch for Live View/Video mode
* New 24mm wide-angle built-in flash supporting EOS E-TTL II
* HD movie, HDMI out, external mic input
* EOS Integrated Dust Removal system
* Live view with Face-priority AF
* Auto Lighting Optimizer
(updated: 07 September 2008)
Ok, we know Canon have done a nice teaser page on their website. Now there’s an image on EOS 7D (rumored specs: 21 Megapixels, ISO 50-12800, DIGIC IV, HD Video Recording with estimated street price: US$2300) floating around the photography forums around the net.
So, is this the camera that’s going to replace the EOS 5D?
See also: Canon | Digital Camera | Rumors