December 6, 2006 – Until December 31, 2006, CameraArts Magazine will be accepting entries for its very first photography contest at The CameraArts Blog. The theme for December will be “People & Portraits.” Only low res jpegs will be accepted, in color or black and white, digital or traditional. Every week during December, we will post the best submissions at http://cameraarts.blogspot.com.
…and that’s not all. For the first week of the New Year, our readers will have a chance to vote on their favorite entries. Three winners will be announced soon afterwards, and each will receive a FREE one-year subscription (or 6-issue renewal) to CameraArts magazine. Photographers will retain all rights to each image and CameraArts will be able to use images for publicity and promotion. One image per person, please!
The first week is hardly over, and the submissions are already pouring in! All are welcome to enter, so there’s no reason not to give us your best shot!
RULES AND GUIDELINES
• Submissions: This month’s topic is “People and Portraits.” This theme is, as in all of our future contests, open to interpretation. Please email email@example.com with your entry, along with your name and medium used. Only one submission per person, please.
• Judging: The best submissions will be posted on the CameraArts Blog (and collected on flickr.com) every Monday through January 1, after which the voting process will begin. Our prestigious jury consists of none other than our own readers here at The CameraArts Blog, FRAMES and CameraArts.com. Further details about the voting process will be released later this month. Expect to be able to cast your vote January 1, 2007, continuing through the first week.
• Eligibility: The Monthly Photo Contest at The CameraArts Blog is open to any photographer, working in any medium. Photographers who have won in prior contests at The CameraArts Blog will not be eligible to enter. Naturally, the inaugural contest is an automatic exception.
• Awards: Three photographers receiving the most votes will receive one free year’s subscription to CameraArts Magazine. If you already have a subscription, simply add the 6 issues for no cost.
• Fee: There is no fee to enter.
• Copyright info: We will watermark all images, so please DO NOT place copyright information directly on the image. All pertinent information should be included in your email. Applying for the contest implies permission for CameraArts to display submissions on Flickr, The CameraArts Blog, and CameraArts.com. CameraArts will have copyright on all submissions, as they appear on these pages. Applicants will retain all private rights to their images. While they are displayed on Flickr, your image will not be available for reproduction or download to anyone outside of CameraArts or the CameraArts Blog. All images will be watermarked “©CA/(photographer’s name).”
This will be the beginning of what we hope will become a monthly contest. Listings of coming months, along with categories and prizes, will soon be announced on The CameraArts Blog and CameraArts.com.
CameraArts has been continually published bi-monthly since the Fall of 1997. We have an international readership of 25,000/plus, including newsstand and subscription. Our advertising rates remain among the most competitive in the industry, and we deliver a publication targeted to dedicated photographers who are established in their respective fields and who have continuing disposable income.
See also: News | Photo Contest