Brother MFC-6490CW is a Professional Series Color Inkjet Wireless All-in-One Printer features Built-in 802.11b/g wireless and 10/100Mbps wired interface, Prints at up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color; maximum resolution of 6000 x 1200 dpi, Prints and copies on up to ledger-size (11 x 17-inch) paper; copies up to 23 cpm, Printing, Scanning, PC Fax, Media Card & USB Flash Memory Drive. The Brother MFC-6490CW measures 21.3″ x 19.2″ x 12.7″ (W x D x H) and weighs 34.4 lbs.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Brother MFC-6490CW Reviews
Expertreviews reviews the Brother MFC-6490CW and writes;
“The scanner interface is basic, but easy to use. Scans were sharp and clearly defined, with accurate reproduction of bright and pale colours, although dark shades were less clear. An A3 scan at 300dpi took a reasonable 44 seconds. Copying quality was outstanding, with accurate colour and shading, and a mono A3 copy took just 40 seconds.”
Brighthub reviews the Brother MFC-6490CW and writes;
“The Brother MFC 6490 CW does a very good job of scanning, which was our main purpose for the purchase. It has the ability to produce quality black and white graphics on 11 x 17 paper – great for Auto CAD programs and other people who need large monochrome prints. It is less satisfactory with color printing, both in color intensity and in accuracy of the reproduction, losing details with dense graphics or dark colored prints.”
Trustedreviews reviews the Brother MFC-6490CW and writes;
“An A3 copy took around half a minute and, unexpectedly, was around 15 seconds quicker than an A4 one. 15 x 10cm photo prints took a reasonable 1:40, unless in ‘Highest’ print quality, when they took over 3:45. This isn’t a particularly quick printer, though it is quiet while printing. “
PCMAG reviews the Brother MFC-6490CW and writes;
“Photo quality was about what you would expect from a local drugstore: true photo quality, but at the low end of the range. I saw a minor tint in a monochrome photo, for example, and a slight tint in what should be white clouds in a color photo. The output is certainly suitable for snapshots, and, in most cases, for photos destined for an album or even a frame.”
Brother MFC-6490CW User Reviews
Family and Friends are Envious | Rating:
“I’ve had this printer for some 9 months now, and I feel it was an excellent choice. Others admire it, too, and are always showing up with something that needs printing, copying, scanning or faxing.. I am responsible for printing business cards for several people. Using Avery, I never have any problems with the printer for cards and labels…” – by K. Clark
MC-6490-CW .. great….just ordered my 2nd one for another office, | Rating:
“The ink cartridges are very reasonable. The copies are very clear …. clarity for us is a must, as the machinists take drawing out on the shop floor,we work with thousanths of an inch and one misread could kill a customers job.” – by John Oliver
Love the scanner, printer quality is lacking, | Rating:
“It took me two days to get the scanner up and going and I really like it. I was tempted to keep it just because of that. If I made a scan and worked with it for any length of time I often lost ‘contact’ with the scanner. That meant restarting everything. I finally would make several scans (till my scratch disk got filled) and then edited them. Wonderful to have a scanner that would take original comic book art pages.” – by Doug Hazlewood
Great Printer., | Rating:
“I needed a printer capable of printing out 11×17 drawings. I had had an 11×17 laser printer until it recently died and I didn’t want to drop the 3K to replace it. I did my homework and found that this printer had all the functions I needed and more (not quite the print quality of a laser, but it is an inkjet and it was less than 10% the cost).” – by E. Kuzma
Does everything I ask, | Rating:
“I purchased two of these printers, one for my home and one for my office. So far both have worked great. I was a little worried, the instructions said my answering machine had to be plugged into the printer to auto receive faxes at home. I have my answering machine (built into my phone system) plugged into the wall and it works fine. Very compact all-in-one and quiet. Very happy so far.” – by Brian Wallace
Brother Reliability, | Rating:
“Have had this product for almost two years. Has been very reliable. one misfeed since ownership. Fantastic to have ability to print 11 x 17. I use for printing 1/2 size architectural plans. Does very nice letter quality and can do reasonable photo printing. Buy with confidence.” – by Michael D. Mcgough
Great Printer, | Rating:
“I use the 11 X 17 for construction drawings frequently and now have the ability to scan them too from my home office! The print quality is great as well. I love the CC3 Control Center interface that Brother has for software. It works wonderfully and I am able to set up many custom functions for scanning easily.” – by MDB
Brother MFC-6490CW Brochure & User Guide
Brother MFC-6490CW Features
The Professional Series MFC-6490CW color inkjet All-in-One is perfect for creating impressive everyday business documents such as reports, presentations, spreadsheets, proposals and more! Plus, it offers the ultimate in versatility with up to ledger (11”x17”) size print / copy / scan / fax. Also includes up to 6000 x 1200 dpi‡ high quality resolutions, Widescreen 3.3″ color LCD display, uses high yield ink cartridges and includes a 2-year limited warranty.
* High Impact Printing. Up to ledger (11″ x 17″) paper printing- great for presentations, spreadsheets, signs, photos and more!
* Fast Color Printing on Demand. With speeds up to 35ppm black and 28ppm color‡.
* Versatile Printing, Scanning, Copying & Faxing Print, scan, copy or fax a wide variety of document sizes up to 11″ x 17″ (Ledger) on the document glass or through the 50-sheet auto document feeder.
* Built-in Wireless & Wired Interfaces. Allows you to share the MFC now or in the future. Just plug it into your wired or wireless router and share it to print, scan, PC Fax‡ and access to the digital camera media cards‡ or USB flash memory‡.
* Versatile Paper Handling. Dual paper trays provide a total of 400-sheet capacity. Tray 1 holds up to 150 sheets of 3.5” x 5” to ledger 11″ x 17″ sized. Tray 2 holds up to 250 sheets of letter up to ledger 11″ x 17″ sized paper.
* Direct Photo Printing. Print photos directly from your digital camera’s media cards, PictBridge-enabled camera, or USB Flash Memory.‡
* Secure Function Lock. Allows you to restrict public access to certain machine functions such as Fax, Copy, Scan and Print.
* Brother® iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG images) from and scanning to your Apple® iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®.‡
* High Yield 4-Cartridge Ink System. Both standard and high yield ink cartridges are available. Our efficient 4-cartridge system means that you only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced‡.
* Professional Print Resolutions. With droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters and high resolutions up to 6000 x 1200dpi‡.
* Widescreen 3.3″ Color LCD Display. Edit and enhance images, preview faxes and easy to read help menus.
* 2-Year Express Exchange Limited Warranty. Provides assurance and reliability.
See also: Printers